Jan 12, 2012

What would you do to get a man?

I was checking if there is any more coverage of my new novel The Spinster's Vow when I came across this funny article from 1919.

It talks about single women should form a union to put the married ones in their place.

She played tennis though, she loathed exertion. She learnt to swim, though the surf terrified her...[all in the name of trying to catch a husband.]


I don't have any issue with married or single women but I wish the government will give single women like myself more bonus. It's not just family who need or want tax bennefit from the government.

Read the article by pressing here.

2 comments:

  1. I thought that's why you're playing tennis >;)

    I agree with you, it's unfair that single women (and men) get less tax benefit. For instance, two single-person households are more expensive than two persons teaming up in one household (according to some of my single friends).

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you mention, C, some tennis coaches are quite cute. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My photo
I'm the author of The Spinster's Vow, My Darcy Vibrates, Every Savage Can Reproduce, Chemical Fusion, My Darcy Mutates, Really Angelic, Bargain with the Devil, In Quest of Theta Magic and Fire and Cross. My novels have been ranked in the top 50 best-selling romances on Amazon USA or Canada. I write sexy romance in modern, historical, paranormal and science fiction genres. I love food, Pride and Prejudice, travel and tennis. With a Masters degree in Arts, I work in advertising and live in beautiful Sydney. Sounds too tame? You can read my wild stories at steamydarcy.com

Followers