Jan 24, 2015

Unimaginative Valentine's Gift, drabble, Regency

The sun shone through the windows. Mr Darcy blinked his eyes open and observed the lovely picture on the bed by his side. Elizabeth was cradling two-month old Alexander on her arms. He hated to disturb the harmonious picture of Madonna and her child. Quietly he rose and moved to sit on the chair by the bed, thinking about the day ahead.

 It would be St. Valentine’s Day in two weeks’ time. One of the traditions was to write one’s lover a letter, expressing love, admiration and devotion. However Darcy was never a man of many words. He pondered what gift he could procure for his wife. Admiring the alluring form of Elizabeth and their adorable son, a sudden inspiration came to his mind. With an energetic leap from the chair, Darcy walked to his desk by the windows and found what he needed.

As he concentrated on his work for almost half an hour, he did not notice that Elizabeth had woken. 

“My dear Mr Darcy, are you always this diligent? Attending to your business correspondence without a stitch of clothes on, how improper!” She arched her eyebrows as she focussed on her husband’s nude body.

 “I am trying to capture Alexander and your likeness, to present the picture to you on St. Valentine’s Day as a gift. Pray do not disturb my work.” Darcy spoke with a dismissive wave of his hand.

The arrogant gesture spurred his wife into rash action. Elizabeth left Alexander on the bed and moved swiftly to kneel in front of Mr. Darcy.

 “What are you doing?” His body froze and his voice shook.

 “I am determined to disturb your work, my arrogant husband!” She lowered her head and licked the heat at the apex of his thighs. Loud groans and moans echoed in the master chambers until Alexander was woken.

 Well, what could we say about Mr. Darcy’s gift for St. Valentine’s Day? He never finished the drawing and bought his wife an unimaginative large diamond necklace instead.


Thanks Kari for the word "disturb" which inspired this drabble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My photo
I'm the author of The Spinster's Vow, My Darcy Vibrates, Every Savage Can Reproduce, Chemical Fusion, My Darcy Mutates, Really Angelic, Bargain with the Devil, In Quest of Theta Magic and Fire and Cross. My novels have been ranked in the top 50 best-selling romances on Amazon USA or Canada. I write sexy romance in modern, historical, paranormal and science fiction genres. I love food, Pride and Prejudice, travel and tennis. With a Masters degree in Arts, I work in advertising and live in beautiful Sydney. Sounds too tame? You can read my wild stories at steamydarcy.com

Followers