Apr 28, 2010

Friday is Fry Day

A friend gave me the word "Friday" to write a drabble (200 words story). Here is my take

***
Friday was “fry day” at Chez Lizzy.

“Only deep fried food? What a crappy restaurant!” William said loudly.

Chef Lizzy overhead his remarks. She brought out four plates of deep fried fish balls, cheese balls, prawn balls, squid balls and slammed them in front him.

“Taste first before you criticise!”

As a world renowned food critic, William wouldn’t take such rude behaviour.

He opened his mouth to protest but she shoved a fish ball into his mouth.

Wow, the fish ball was fiery and zesty! Like its creator.

He immediately dug in the other three dishes.

All her creations were heavenly and divine, he thought.

Before he could apologise and commend the chef, she had turned and left. He was mesmerised by her fiery body and sparkling fine eyes. He had to talk to her so he followed her, until they reached the back of the restaurant.

“What do you want?”

“Your food is sensational. Where did you get your inspiration?”

“I love to play with balls on Friday,” She grabbed his with a light hand, “including yours.”

A few months afterwards, Fridays were no longer the same at Chez Lizzy as deep fried balls were taken off the menu. Chef Lizzy married celebrity food critic William and sold the restaurant.

***
What's your take?

6 comments:

  1. Hehe, cool story.
    I prefer to eat oyster on Friday ... >;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, is that because of what oyster would do for you? Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, and also because of what I could do for the oyster, if you see what I mean ... :>)

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't we all naughty girls at heart?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My photo
I'm the author of The Spinster's Vow, My Darcy Vibrates, Every Savage Can Reproduce, Chemical Fusion, My Darcy Mutates, Really Angelic, Bargain with the Devil, In Quest of Theta Magic and Fire and Cross. My novels have been ranked in the top 50 best-selling romances on Amazon USA or Canada. I write sexy romance in modern, historical, paranormal and science fiction genres. I love food, Pride and Prejudice, travel and tennis. With a Masters degree in Arts, I work in advertising and live in beautiful Sydney. Sounds too tame? You can read my wild stories at steamydarcy.com

Followers