Feb 12, 2011

Cape Tribulation

I don't know if any of you have heard of Cape Tribulation in Far North Queensland. Captain Cook named the place after his ship ran aground there.

It's a spectacular tropic rainforest area, rather rustic and untouched. We have to used a very old style of tug ferry to cross the Daintree river to reach it. Unfortunately, the two days we were there, more than 150 mm of rain dumped onto the area. We couldn't see a lot of the area but it has a sense of isolation and primitive charm that calls out for future visit.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic place to visit. Sorry about all the rain. Maybe that's why they call it a rainforest >:)

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My photo
I'm the author of The Spinster's Vow, My Darcy Vibrates, Every Savage Can Reproduce, Chemical Fusion, My Darcy Mutates, Really Angelic, Bargain with the Devil, In Quest of Theta Magic and Fire and Cross. My novels have been ranked in the top 50 best-selling romances on Amazon USA or Canada. I write sexy romance in modern, historical, paranormal and science fiction genres. I love food, Pride and Prejudice, travel and tennis. With a Masters degree in Arts, I work in advertising and live in beautiful Sydney. Sounds too tame? You can read my wild stories at steamydarcy.com

Followers