Apr 2, 2010

I Just Finished - The conversation of books

I was featured at I Just Finished a few weeks ago. Here is the excerpt:

IJF asks: What have you just finished?

I've just finished reading Georgette Heyer's Regency Buck. Heyer was excellent in her setting. I guessed who the bad guy was very early in the novel. But her witty language made me laugh.

IJF asks: What book(s) have been life changing for you?

Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I love the story so much that I write P&P's inspired stories.

IJF asks: Can you tell us your best fan encounter story?


I've written a story where the heroine had problems falling pregnant. A fan emailed me, saying she had similar problems and loved the story.

A few months later, she emailed me again, telling me she finally got pregnant with IVF. She had since sent me photos of the ultra-sound and the birth. I'm happy that my stories reach out to the hearts of some people.

What is your favorite version of P&P? The book or the movie and if it's the movie, which version with which actors?

BBC 1995 series, hands down. I was actually leaving London to live in Hong Kong at that time. So I asked my friend to record the series and then got another friend to bring the videos to me.

I love this version of P&P because it’s the most faithful version, in terms of the plots. Jennifer Ehle did a marvelous job. Her eyes were very expressive, a genuine Elizabeth Bennet to the bone.

Of course, Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy was yummy. A lot of readers swooned over the wet shirt scene but I liked the scene at the Inn of Lambton most. When Mr. Darcy tried to console the distressed Lizzy, he touched my heart, a romantic hero who could be relied on in good and bad times.

Press here to read the full interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My photo
I'm the author of The Spinster's Vow, My Darcy Vibrates, Every Savage Can Reproduce, Chemical Fusion, My Darcy Mutates, Really Angelic, Bargain with the Devil, In Quest of Theta Magic and Fire and Cross. My novels have been ranked in the top 50 best-selling romances on Amazon USA or Canada. I write sexy romance in modern, historical, paranormal and science fiction genres. I love food, Pride and Prejudice, travel and tennis. With a Masters degree in Arts, I work in advertising and live in beautiful Sydney. Sounds too tame? You can read my wild stories at steamydarcy.com

Followers