Mar 17, 2010

Pride and Prejudice comics



Pride and Prejudice is now published in so many formats. Here is another item for the P&P junkies:

IT is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife… Tailored from the adored Jane Austen classic, Marvel Comics is proud to present PRIDE AND PREJUDICE!

Two-time Rita Award-Winner Nancy Butler and fan-favorite Hugo Petras faithfully adapt the whimsical tale of Lizzy Bennet and her loveable-if-eccentric family, as they navigate through tricky British social circles. Will Lizzy’s father manage to marry off her five daughters, despite his wife’s incessant nagging? And will Lizzy’s beautiful sister Jane marry the handsome, wealthy Mr. Bingley, or will his brooding friend Mr. Darcy stand between their happiness?

"This project has been like a dream come true for me as a writer and as a former graphic designer—not only am I adapting a book I love, I am doing it in the one forum, comics, where words and pictures carry equal weight." Nancy Butler, two-time RITA winner and multiple RT Reviewer's Choice winner in Regency.


Buy the book here

5 comments:

  1. Don't know why, but I have never liked to read Jane Austen nor the Bronte sisters. Maybe this will change if I read the comics version >:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comic does look a bit too modern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There seems to be no end to the ways the story can be told. It's really interesting.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good heavens! Fascinating...and this is part of the reason they call them classics, they endure even changed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Helen and Conda, JA's stories are so well loved.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My photo
I'm the author of The Spinster's Vow, My Darcy Vibrates, Every Savage Can Reproduce, Chemical Fusion, My Darcy Mutates, Really Angelic, Bargain with the Devil, In Quest of Theta Magic and Fire and Cross. My novels have been ranked in the top 50 best-selling romances on Amazon USA or Canada. I write sexy romance in modern, historical, paranormal and science fiction genres. I love food, Pride and Prejudice, travel and tennis. With a Masters degree in Arts, I work in advertising and live in beautiful Sydney. Sounds too tame? You can read my wild stories at steamydarcy.com

Followers